Part 1: Two Divine Like Lives!
Despite their differences, Hinduism and Christianity have great similarities. And this is particularly prominent in the case of the life and teachings of the two central figures of these world religions — Christ and Krishna.
Similarities in just the names of Christ and Krishna have enough fuel for the curious mind to prod into the proposition that they were indeed one and the same person. Although there is little historical evidence, it is hard to ignore a host of likenesses between Jesus Christ and Lord Krishna. Analyze this!
• Both are believed to be sons of God, since they were divinely conceived.
• The birth of both Jesus of Nazareth and Krishna of Dwarka and their God-designed missions were foretold.
• Both were born at unusual places — Christ in a lowly manger and Krishna in a prison cell.
• Both were divinely saved from death pronouncements.
• Evil forces pursued both Christ and Krishna in vain
• Christ is often depicted as a shepherd; Krishna was a cowherd.
• Both appeared at a critical time when their respective countries were in a torpid state.
• Both died of wounds caused by sharp weapons — Christ by nails and Krishna by an arrow.
• The teachings of both are very similar — both emphasize love and peace.
• Krishna was often shown as having a dark blue complexion — a color close to that of Christ Consciousness.
Part 2: It s In Thy Names!
Christ comes from the Greek word Christos , which means "the anointed one". Again, the word Krishna in Greek is the same as Christos . A colloquial Bengali rendering of Krishna is Kristo , which is the same as the Spanish for Christ — Cristo .
The father of the Krishna Consciousness Movement AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada once remarked: "When an Indian person calls on Krishna, he often says, Krsta. Krsta is a Sanskrit word meaning attraction.
Shri Gajanan Maharaj Mandir Aurangabad Invitation
Palkhi sohala of shri Gajanan Maharaj on the eve of his centenary Samadhi year ceremony
Aurangabad 20-Shri Gajanan Maharaj (Shegaon) Mandir Vishvastha mandal,Aurangabad has planned to organize Palkhi Sohala of shri; along with grand padyatra from ‘Shradhabhumi to Pragatbhumi’ i.e. from Shegaon to Aurangabad.
The procession of palkhi will commence on 20th December 2009 and will reach to Shegaon on 30th December 2009. The route is fixed as follows- Aurangabad- Sillod-Bhokardan- Dhad- Buldana- Motala- Nandura- Khamgaon-Shegaon.
We are pleased to invite all devotees to participate and they are requested to join this Palkhi Sohala Procession and enjoy the great opportunity to have divine experience of this golden moment.
The number of participants is limited. So register your name immediately at the office of the temple. For details they may contact our Secretary-General Dr. Pravin Wakte on his mobile No 9422212845.
Devotees are requested to come forward to make this grand ceremony of the remarkable year successful. Expecting good co operation, guidance, and help from your end.
Shri Gajanan Maharaj bless you.
Shri Gajanan Maharaj (Shegaon) Mandir
___________________________________________________________________FOR INCOME TAX EXEMPTION SEND YOUR DONATION CHEQUES DRAWN ON THE NAME OF SHRI GAJANAN MAHARAJ SANTPEETH PAITHAN FOR THE WELFARE AND GREAT CAUSE OF THE COMMUNITY.